Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Making Life Richer


This week I sold some patio furniture on Craigslist. A woman named Susan emailed, "consider this furniture sold." The next morning she came by to pick it up. I didn't know who to expect, but by the time she left I was extremely grateful for who it had been. Susan is a Pediatric Anesthesiologist. She works at a hospital here in Houston called Shriner Hospital. We talked for close to an hour. We talked about our lives, our children, our joys, and our struggles. Susan said things to me and touched my heart in a way that I believe only she could. As she left we hugged goodbye. Susan made sure that I had her number so that I could call her anytime. It's amazing the people we meet in our lives that can touch our hearts and be such a wonderful blessing in a very short period of time.

But, in order to be able to experience these people we have to be willing to be open and vulnerable. I know there are times when I have not been open and vulnerable. I may have missed out on opportunities such as this one. I am grateful on this day I was willing to be open and that Susan who has such a busy life and may see no reason to take time to talk with stay at home mom, took the time to talk with me and enrich my life.

Thank You Susan!!!

No comments: